WELCOME!

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

WELCOME!

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

EDIT..... To those readers who are just joining us....WELCOME. Understand that this has been a constantly evolving site ... please note the dates when you are reading a message. The more up to date conversations are on the Forum section called " Speculations" I think you will find many interesting topics there.
To those of you who are from FACEBOOK... welcome also.... Just remember to follow the dates....Best to you all... Linda

This message was written long ago but is as appropriate now..However..... this particular website which originally posted this welcome message ( ttownsendbrown.com) is NOT run by members of the Townsend Brown family and DOES NOT represent us. If you have found us by typing ttownsendbrown.. come to the official sites...run by the family and friends of T. Townsend Brown. We welcome you in our quest to explore the Legacy that he has left us. The primary site now is cosmic-token.com.
Linda Brown February 2015

This is what I wrote on the HUT years ago.... and it is still being used along with my name to introduce the website at ttownsendbrown.com.....While the welcome to the story of Townsend Brown is appropriate, the HUT website is not.

Some of us realized that this would be a place where we could all gather to share experiences and each others good company but that there was more going on here than just that. I personally sensed immediately that this would not be the normal "watering hole".

There will be adventurers of every description. They might be scientists, philosophers, stay at home moms or grandmoms...mechanics, gardeners,painters, nurses, ranchers and cowboys. They could be Hobbits and Witches and even the occasional Warlock. They might be draftsmen and engineers and Doctors and students of all ages. Military gentlemen and ladies, on both the white side and the black side of our world... perhaps novelists and historians.. anyone hungering for more than the information that they happen to know at the present. And then there might be .... the curious passer by who just happens in... and then realizes that there is no such thing as just "happening" anywhere.

We seem to have been drawn to this place to share what we need to share. The energy which is pulling us here also respects precisely what we are.... Profound and wondrous individuals. One of our earlier companions once said that we were a lot like a multichanneled and magical windchime set to catch the music of the cosmos. I believe that she was right...

And so lets enjoy each others company and the conversations that will spring from being here together. And lets just see what happens

Welcome!

Linda Brown

Join us at the Cosmic-Token.com website
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Re: WELCOME!

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I am still trying to find my way around myself and if you have difficulties too please Email me and we will address the problem. Sometimes we don't even know something isn't working until we try to go in that direction.
You will see changes at every visit ... and with Tom Beale at the Helm in the design of this place it is going to be functional and beautiful you will see.... but the construction dust is still in the air!!!!

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

One of the first things I would like to talk about is an old letter that was written by my Dad and sent to a man by the name of Hull. Some of you might be familiar with it. I had a chance to read it over the other day and I had the strangest sense that Dad was speaking then in that age but he was addressing US! It was a very long letter...( not like him at all to be that specific... but he went on for several pages.) Mother typed it so carefully for him because her initials are in the lower left hand of the last page. So in the strangest way I see this as a gift from both of them.... an explanation of his work in his own words. I look forward to opening a special thread where we can talk about just that because I think that there are very many gifts just waiting for us there. I believe that it was his message to us... telling us of the hopes that both of them had.

Raymond I know that you have a thread to that letter and as soon as we can we will open a special area where we can talk about that specifically.

But this is the Sword and the Teapot.... Come out of the sun ( its a hundred and eleven today where I live.) and get something cool to drink....

I know some of you are getting ready to evacuate your homes because of the storm coming up the coast. Know that I am thinking of all of you. Maybe some of you will be able to spend some quiet time... with the rain beating on your windows....to spend some time with us. Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:06 am

I know that the banner in pink at the top of our message board may seem a little strident. I hope that you all realize that there is a smile in there. I try to imagine what our " bouncers" might look like....and I guess we can all be left to our own imaginations on that .

I expect we may disagree occasionally like family... but the rules of the house will prevail...and any sort of insulting remarks will be dealt with severely. Its better that you all know all of that right up front. And the message in pink sorta says it all.

Oh.... the little dog in my arms is named Jazzabelle.... she is one of my oldest pups. She can stick out her tongue if she wants to! Shes's entitled! Linda ( that was a reference to my earlier Avatar... it has since been changed to a shot of me on one of our family horses... shes a good stout mare who " never put a foot wrong" ... and for this journey into the future... I figured that the image I presented needed to be well mounted! Join us! We have many miles to ride together! Linda Brown February 2015
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Someone just asked... what has happened to the thomastownsendbrown.com site

Its coming along. Don't fret. (this was a reference to the earlier site which at the time I was very excited about. Ron Natale ( Mikado) assured me that he had my best interests at heart when he bought the domain name with my permission....it has not turned out that way... as you can readily tell now by simply reading some of its pages. so when you read the messages dated so long ago here.... you can sense the expectations we all had... which were not to be.......the messages in red that you will find are from the present. Its a sad sort of parallel universe here... the old expectations up against the realities of today. At the very least... it should make interesting reading. Linda Brown Pickering Rosegate February 2015)But my thought is... and I am asking your input here...... is that this Forum site should be the entry gate for Dads ship. Lets talk about things scientific and technical until the subject requires more room and expertise... those interested to move on then will have their token to the ship....

Its a concept in the works right now. What do you all think? My object is to have only serious high level science and engineering discussions happening on board the Resolute. I think that must be a requirement after all that we have been through. The Cosmic Token will just be that.... good for one fare to the ship.... Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Grimalkin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 pm

I just noticed that arc has joined us. Yahoo!

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Well, that makes my Day better.... are we still missing Griffin? I think.... and GMann and Geoff... hope to see them soon .....if any of you are able to reach these folks could I ask you to contact them for us as a group? I have tried to reach everybody on the Hut but I may have missed a couple and I don't want them thinking that we forgot about them.

I just can't get on there... As administrators Mikado and Kim banned me so that I could not mention this site... ( so ... if someone else can reach out to the folks that might not have heard we are here and calling out to them...... thanks).<g>

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 pm

Bogie... thank you for joining. I know that you are the silent type so I won't expect much here but I can't resist.... considering that this is the " Sword and the Teapot" to change a famous line just a little

""Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, he walks into mine."

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby G-Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 am

The pink banner made me smile; and I still look prety good in a black suit and bow tie... 8-)
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Ah, even Chuck Norris is inordinately proud of the way that he looks in an Armani Tuxedo.
And I am sure that you G-Man would be just as handsome! Linda
Linda Brown

Next

Return to The Sword and The Teapot