Ragtag PRIVATE army?

Re: Ragtag PRIVATE army?

Postby re-rose » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Factoid Break:

Ian Fleming was Stephenson's near neighbor in Jamaica and they often shared afternoon cocktails together.

Returning now to our regularly scheduled speculation.

Regarding your comment, Griffin about Townsend's anticipation of the modern version of Totalitarianism. From this early inteview, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQZ-2iMUR0) we know that Aldous Huxley (Beau's very good friend) saw this time coming and feared it as well and I imagine this possibility was a common topic among those with any foresight.

I think it was Bergier who put forth an idea that great scientists, more aware of potential repercussions to their discoveries than most, might keep them secret just to keep them OUT of the hands of bureaucrats for fear of how they might be missapplied.

rose
re-rose

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:45 pm

From what Ray Winfield has said about his Dad.... I think that he would have been the sort of person too that might have decided to sit on technology rather than see it perverted to use by the military or governments in the wrong direction...

And Twigsnapper had a desk right across from Ian Fleming when he worked under the Direction of Admiral Godfrey. Twigsnapper thought that Flemings plans were a little too wild... suited much better for fictions than for real life.... ya hafta laugh!

And years later Twigsnapper runs into a red headed kid that just wanted to be another James Bond. The world is truly funny sometimes! Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby G-Man » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:34 pm

"Much better suited for fiction than real life"

I'm hearing that twangy guitar now. "Bong diddly-ong bong dong bong-dong". Was it Thunderball or was it Dr No...?

Selling the world of tuxes, little black numbers with pearls, a glahs of champagne, perhaps even a little whiff of cocaine to Get Tha Party Started...

The Nazis demonstrated in no uncertain terms that those guys were either an asset or, if not, about as effective as a chocolate fire guard.
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Perhaps.... but the ones that the Nazis never saw... were pretty danged effective.

Of course.... they didn't specialize in tuxedos.... though one of them got the reputation of being a " dapperzing!" He could also blend into a group of gypsies on the run. <c>... the real James Bonds......... Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Rag Tag Private Army( Navy) Indeed! Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:58 am

Just remembering this thread and going forward with the thought that it needs to be brought to the surface of our conciousness again... that RagTag PRIVATE army/Navy.... and maybe space command?

Ragtag doesn't necessarily mean poorly equiped in this case. Perhaps more properly " loosely organized".... almost " self organizing " in that special and nearly magical way. Linda
Linda Brown

Postby arc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 am

Linda Brown wrote:Just remembering this thread and going forward with the thought that it needs to be brought to the surface of our conciousness again... that RagTag PRIVATE army/Navy.... and maybe space command?

Ragtag doesn't necessarily mean poorly equiped in this case. Perhaps more properly " loosely organized".... almost " self organizing " in that special and nearly magical way. Linda

Its a good "cover" to look like a bunch of rag-tag hopeless undisciplined rabble. Just ask the undercover guys. jeans, floppy jacket, sunglasses, sunhat, camera around the neck... and a luger under the armpit, a stiletto in the shoe... and a newspaper, casually rolled up and carried as a street guide... yeah right..
arc

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:12 pm

hahahaha. I think that the man may speak from experience.

Its the homeless looking fellow with the back pack that I tend to notice.

And you are right Arc.... one of the grandest strengths we all have here is our ability to go in alot of directions all at once, looking terribly disorganized, but all the time going with the " flow" in just the right direction!

Just like Dad wrote to me in 1944." Daughter, these words are as true as the rain on the window above your head".

"These words" meant to him the box of what looked like a disorganized group of papers which read like a science fiction. A group of people from all over the world " self organized" and built a ship ( or more) which " pushed away slowly from the Earth the way a sailing boat departs from its dock.....They were working together with " Others"....and my impression from what I could understand from those pages is that it was going to be for the salvation of the human race. Not a lightweight proposition at all....

I first discovered that box and the manuscript in it during a rainy day at Ashlawn in 1963 or 1964.... when I hit his note... addressing his " daughter" I looked around quickly..... but there was no " rain on the window above my head".... so I simply sighed and put it away. The next time I saw that box was when I was sitting in the room where Dad had died about a week earlier. I was exhausted from the stress of the funeral and the arrangements that had to be made. I had spoken the eulogy with words I am sure my Dad somehow helped me with. I talked about how all of us respond to a certain kind of " souls code' which really tells us through our life what we are meant to do and the part that we are to take in this grand human legacy.

I was there this next time to quietly pack up that room... putting Dads things away safely and my eye caught that same old stationary box up on his shelf.... so I took it down and started to try to put the pages in order. ( something that even now, is not easy.) I really would have rather been out riding but the trails were too muddy and so I sat there thinking quietly of Daddy.... and I browsed over the papers again but still they seemed to fantastic to make sense.... and then sitting there at Dads desk I happened on those words again " Daughter, these words are as true as the rain on the window above your head."

This time I jerked my head back suddenly and saw the rain hitting and streaming down the slanted window of the Quonset Hut.... and THIS time it was directly over my head.

Those pages still do not make alot of sense to me and try as we may in the last couple of years Rose and I can not make total order out of them. A section which I have now ( JD removed the balance of the material in the box and to my knowledge he still has those pages.) Thats alright. I am still having trouble understanding the pages I have.

All this talk suddenly ( to me now of space fleet)... falls in line with what those early pages told me... but who would have even considered that a possibility in the sixties? Now there are conferences going on with the subject openly being discussed. Times have certainly changed and I am believing that note even more...". Daughter" he wrote..." these words are as true.... as the rain on the window above your head."

The other mystery will probably always be.... the note is dated 1944.... a full year before I was born. How did he know that I would be there for him? How did he know he would have a daughter? How did he know I would be sitting there in that odd room.....how many rooms have windows that you can sit under????

So much to learn.

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:18 am

We are indeed that Ragtag private army.
Linda Brown

Previous

Return to Quotes... what others have said