Another accounting from Paul Schatzkin

A home for tamer and wilder thoughts. Not a place where you have to prove anything, but a place to throw ideas around and perhaps find inspiration.

Another accounting from Paul Schatzkin

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Waiting again for that six month accounting from Paul Schatzkin regarding the sales of the biography "The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown." Curious to see how many books he has managed to sell during this last period..... promoting this book is not something that Paul has done, obviously, since he first published in in 09 but I do respect him for holding to our contract....and I look forward to receiving this next report.

If you thought I would forget Paul... You are sadly mistaken.
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Re: Another accounting from Paul Schatzkin

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:20 am

Paul has sent me his accounting ... which of course, he is obligated to do through his contract with me.

I still wonder why it was that he published an unedited manuscript after spending six years producing it!

. Its hard work... editing... proofreading.I am very aware of how much work properly editing a body of work is.... now involved in that myself.
But I still honestly do not understand why Paul would discredit himself as a writer the way that he has. He should have had more faith in his abilities.

As it stands now, he has made a terrible statement through his actions. No real professional writer would ever do what he did.
He used the excuse that no amount of editing and rewriting would answer the question that he needed to have answered .... and that was.... what did Townsend Brown actually discover?.....

What? We knew that information would never come to the surface when we agreed to work together! I told him that if this story was going to be about the pure science that I would not be interesting in joining him in this effort. When we began this project we both agreed that we were not going to try to answer the science that Dad was involved with..He would write about what we could, but we both understood that many things were still too deeply in the black...

Why would Paul spend so much time and then finally quit...... declaring that he needed to know something technical that he knew would never be revealed? Who was using Paul to dredge information from me? That's a question that eventually needs to be answered.

I have come to an understanding through my own experience with this material. The answers to all of Pauls questions were right in front of him. He just never saw them. He kept waiting for someone to simly hand him the information.

Paul himself used the quote that the Universe "waits for your wits to grow stronger."

Paul you just didn't give yourself enough time. It was right there for you.
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Try putting yourself in his shoes.
You're already learning how hard writing a polished manuscript is, and you even have the significant advantage of having lived the story!

I can tell you from personal experience that getting close to you and your story is a wild ride, psychically speaking, even at the minor level I have participated.
I can also tell you from the correspondence that I and he have exchanged in the past, he simply got hurt in the process, and decided to distance himself from the source of his pain as far as is possible, as quickly as possible.

In my opinion you picked a fine writer, (I really enjoyed his manuscript even in it's unfinished form) but one who was not able to deal with the forces and personalities involved in this story. Heck, there many other people who have dipped their toes into this story, since I've been watchng it, and so many have either run away screaming or been forcibly ejected for "disloyalty" that personally I feel I have to take my hat off to the man, for managing to produce what he did under the circumstances for as long as he did.

Please don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to give his side as it has been presented to me, in the exchange of a few emails to at least build understanding, since he can't (or chooses not to) if indeed as would appear from the outside that building bridges is no longer possible.

Fruitbat.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:05 pm

I have no ill will toward Paul. I think that he found himself part of the developing and unfolding story. And his part was vital. I am just disappointed for him that he did not find his wings when he needed to... but there is always the future. If he had not quit when he did I would not have picked Dads banner out of the dirt.... and by now you know me and probably realize that was the only thing that would have activated me....so its all part of a major plan. Its just that we mortals do not always see the beauty of it.
Thank you for being there Steve.

and its always possible to build bridges. Sometimes you just have to wait for the right building materials to be produced.
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 am

I think someday... when you are able to read " The Cosmic Token" you will understand that this is all been about the amazing power of LOVE... in all of its forms.
and how we all respond to that.
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Do you mean the book you said you'd be wanting me to proof read?
FB.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Send me an address Steve, please... and I will begin to send you hard copies. Realize that they are still works in progress and that you are encouraged to make suggestions for changes. This is a long process and I may not act on all of the suggestions but you know that I appreciate them. Especially coming from you....The final "clean copies" will happen when all the information from various Beta readers is in.

I may open a section here on the Cosmic Token Forum where we can discuss all of this. Paul was so fortunate that he had the enthusiastic readers that he had on the ttbrown.com Forum. Luckily for us, and thanks to him... that Forum continues as a" read only" so we have not lost all of that good advice and perhaps some will reactivate their support for the story with us here.I dont have the energy or the time for that kind of Forum interaction yet but I miss some of the characters. It hurts to see Hobbit puttering around on the HUT in what seems to be a vacuum. I do not miss the rancor though... not at all.

I have not forgotten the idea of translating into German....
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I had an interesting thought the other day, looking over some of the additonal information that has come in my direction... I just wonder how much of the information that I am just learning.... Paul Schatzkin was actually told through his interaction with the man he decided to call MORGAN. I have had the strange thought recently that perhaps MORGAN shared some really special information with Paul but at the time Pauls mentality was just not able or ready to process it. One instance particularly where Paul writes about MORGAN first meeting my Dad in the Ashlawn study... where he had the Rand Fan operating. Of course, on the surface... thats exactly what it was... a fan that could also be a loudspeaker.. something with no movig parts. Intriquing... but that was oly the tip of the iceberg. Did MORGAN actually tell Paul more ...... and was Pauls mind just unable to grasp it? I am beginning to believe so.
If that was the case then MORGAN would have known... from that point on... that Paul was going to be unable to complete the task that he had hoped for him.

I wonder now if Paul has had time to reconsider that block of information... and if he has begun to see what was offered to him then that he was just not mentally prepared for. Or has he buried himself away behind his wall and tried to forget the entire thing. I guess that would be a tempting course.
In the chapter he did finally write Paul hints at something strange happening to "Morgan" but he never actually explores it.
Beyond this point there be dragons I guess.
Linda Brown

Return to Speculations