Electrogravitics 101 (Resolute)

Discussions in the vein that would most interest those looking for the "meat and potatoes" of Townsend Brown's scientific work.

Re: Electrogravitics 101 (Resolute)

Postby ecker2011 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Now for some more on lifters. There has been a lot of talk on the internet that they do not work in a vacuum. I do not have to do the experiments because others who have the expensive equipment have already done it. In reality a lifter is just three of these asymmetric capacitors put together in the shape of a triangle. Here is a picture of one of these capacitors.

ttboil3.jpg
ttboil3.jpg (19.4 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

As you can see in the picture the asymmetric capacitor is what lifters are just made up of many of these capacitors. Now here is a link to a video on YouTube that shows a test of one in high vacuum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GN65lse5yE
ecker2011

Postby fruitbat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 pm

ecker2011 wrote:Now for some more on lifters. There has been a lot of talk on the internet that they do not work in a vacuum. I do not have to do the experiments because others who have the expensive equipment have already done it. In reality a lifter is just three of these asymmetric capacitors put together in the shape of a triangle. Here is a picture of one of these capacitors.

*snip*

As you can see in the picture the asymmetric capacitor is what lifters are just made up of many of these capacitors. Now here is a link to a video on YouTube that shows a test of one in high vacuum.

*snip*

Well, it works in a vacuum, but it isn't going to get us to beta reticuli in a hurry is it? :c)

For my own part, I've just realised that conjuring up 30 kV (whilst housesitting) within 4 days, and at a total budget of 50 quid or less, is a bit of a task in itself. Fortunately, I am quite resourceful, and noticing that the DIY PSU I favour - largely because I already own most, if not all, of the required semiconductors and other parts - is in two seperate lumps, one being a 60V variable output PSU. Ebay to the rescue! I now have that complete module sorted out and will collect it tomorrow evening. So with a bit of luck and finding of the "right" flyback transformer I should have the PSU squared away by wednesday morning, leaving me a day to make my first "Lifter". And whatever's left of my lifespan probably to make it work properly...

My question today, teacher is: Would I be right in thinking that if I have understood this technology correctly, and it does turn out that our radioshack level of technology can eventually after a few years effort be made into a self contained "lifter", (and I think it possibly can..) then surely, there's a real chance that people after watching a you tube "how to" video might actually be able to make an unmanned, (and to be fair, probably unguided except in the "up" direction small, but "akshull functioning" spacecraft!!

Cheers, Steve C
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 pm

RadioShack Effort? After a few years? I luv ya Steve and you know.... wild and wonderful things have developed right under the nose of these big horrendous labs with all kinds of money... so I am not the person to discourage you at all.... but understand that this technology has been " in the black" for many many years.

Look to some of the Deep Space programs where they mention " Ion momentum transfer". Thats basically the same thing that the fan demonstrated.... and if you look hard enough you will find someone at NASA nodding in Dads direction.

But Ion momentum transfer is not the same thing that is used in a gravitor.

...Dad used to say... similar in the horse world... as a massive draft horse would be to the little pony. You don't expect one to do the work of the other.

And I am not about to dampen your enthusiasm but as you go forward understand this.... all of this has been done before.... but not in the " white world" other than the things that have been coming to the surface in the last few years....Jess here has offered the building plans.... and all of this " white world effort" will be infused by the intellect and the genius of each person loving the situation.... so GO FORTH....

but do so with your eyes open as to its history. Thats why I have been trying to get some information out there that would otherwise not be.... Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Please believe me I am not doing anything clever or new, just following where many others have gone before, to see what I notice along the way.

Whilst electronics were preposterously expensive, large, heavy, and hard to get in 1944, a modern small private research lab can be much smaller and cheaper to set up and run... And the really clever thing, that of building the first "lifter" has been done for me, so it would seem rude not to copy wats been doen before and then have a good old mess about to see if there are any as yet undiscovered wrinkles.

Now admittedly this flyback transformer that I just bought weighs 300 grams, which means a viable self energising arrangement including lithium batteries would eventually (according to my best guess) weigh in at around 800 grams, (which is too much for the projected maximum lift that some geezer on the web reckons is achievable with amonster array of lifters, currently) but it's not so far away that it looks impossible in the forseeable future, but I need to take some measurements now, and use my hands and my occasionally well developed "noticing" ability.

I am not expecting to light up the world, but I might possibly be able to either notice or create some small new piece of the jigsaw whilst I have a play about. 25,000 volts floating about in the living room, whats not to like?

Steve C.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

That works for me!!!

Fruitbat.... this class is going to be closed down.... so where would you like to meet to continue this conversation? we are going to need another thread.
Linda Brown

Postby peetee le Trickfox » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm

why
wisdom is reality in wonderland
peetee le Trickfox

Postby hobbit » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:42 pm

fruitbat wrote:Please believe me I am not doing anything clever or new, just following where many others have gone before, to see what I notice along the way.

Whilst electronics were preposterously expensive, large, heavy, and hard to get in 1944, a modern small private research lab can be much smaller and cheaper to set up and run... And the really clever thing, that of building the first "lifter" has been done for me, so it would seem rude not to copy wats been doen before and then have a good old mess about to see if there are any as yet undiscovered wrinkles.

Now admittedly this flyback transformer that I just bought weighs 300 grams, which means a viable self energising arrangement including lithium batteries would eventually (according to my best guess) weigh in at around 800 grams, (which is too much for the projected maximum lift that some geezer on the web reckons is achievable with amonster array of lifters, currently) but it's not so far away that it looks impossible in the forseeable future, but I need to take some measurements now, and use my hands and my occasionally well developed "noticing" ability.

I am not expecting to light up the world, but I might possibly be able to either notice or create some small new piece of the jigsaw whilst I have a play about. 25,000 volts floating about in the living room, whats not to like?

Steve C.

WHAT is electricity???
Nothing weighs other than the resistance it meets.
A balloon full of helium will weight negative, but release the helium and the balloon will weight something , the difference is with what the balloon was filled with.
lightening goes between levels, up and down.
hobbit
hobbit

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:01 am

Jess has decided that he would rather not participate here on the Token and I have accepted his decision.

I think that it was a little presumptious of all of us maybe to assume that we could even try to have a class here on Electrogravitics.
With the loss of our current volunteer instructor I suggest that we cancell this class.... close this thread and continue our conversations elsewhere. Then when we have enough material to make up a class we will try it again. It was perhaps a bad idea to put that much pressure on one persons shoulders.

Tom.... when you get a chance lets lock this down please? That way it will always be here to be read but appropriate questions and comments can be fielded somewhere else.
Thanks everybody and the best to you Jess. Linda
Linda Brown

Postby G-Man » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Steve

Yes, I believe the way forward is to use a pulse train.
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Previous

Return to Resolute