TTBrown complete Lab Film Stan Deyo iPhone

Discussions in the vein that would most interest those looking for the "meat and potatoes" of Townsend Brown's scientific work.

Re: TTBrown complete Lab Film Stan Deyo iPhone

Postby mark moody » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:43 pm

FB,
Charge shifting for directional control can be achieved easily by use of a servo type mechanism.
I am experimenting with this now.
Basically, the negative charge would not change.
Only the positive charge would be made to rotate from left/forward/right by dividing these into quadrants.
Or, if need be for a complete reversal of direction, both charges could be made to rotate via a 180 degree servo that would permit needle like contacts to rotate in a circular manner.
Mark
mark moody

Postby mark moody » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Charge Shifting:
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 490 times

Mark
mark moody

Postby fruitbat » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:02 pm

I've spent a lot of this week charging stuff up with my toy VDG, and crudely trying to move charges and charged items about, and it's been wonderfully instructive about some of the problems we face with that approach... Still we are putting the cart before the horse somewhat as we have yet to self lift any design...

Incidentally. You might want to take a look at the device in question. IT seems to provide very high voltages indeed, (admittely at miniscule current) FROM 2 AA BATTERIES, and at an all up weight including batteries but excluding the extension piece of 145 grammes...

- For 9.99$!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unitech-Toys-Fu ... 3d00d89024

(wish I could buy 'em so cheap). I'm dead keen to take one apart..

FB.

If you put it over a small fly but not close enough to subject it to the full force, it's wings are attracted towards the wand...Flies are remrkably unaffected by electricity, subborn ones that won't let em herd them though an open window get stunned first by the electric tennis racket shaped device optimistically labelled "the executioner". It makes a loud crack when the electric goes though 'em, (and sometimes even a small burning smell!) but the little buggers always seem to be able to get back up again. But at least they lie still for long enough for me to manouever them out though the back door...
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby mark moody » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:23 am

FB,
Remember these from Naudin?
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.28 KiB) Viewed 478 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (43.89 KiB) Viewed 478 times

Look at the size and power output.
Something this size could prove the concept.
After this stage, then proceed to the energy pylon.
Mark
mark moody

Postby fruitbat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:30 am

Absolutely I missed that one Mark! In fact I was beginning to think I was the first person to conceive of a battery powered HV PSU.

Maybe I am still the first to think of bunging them in series (by stacking them vertically) with an optical "enable", so that one can be a good distance away when one fires up the array of 40 I am envisaging building... (one, then four to prove the concept, then the whole enchilada of 40!)

Would you mind bunging me the link to that naudin PSU?

fb.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby mark moody » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:05 pm

FB,
I don't have the link.
But if you go on his site look for: ARDA FLYING WING V2.0. and also ARDA V3.0 POWER ON BOARD TEST.
Sorry,
My IPad would not show me the link.
Mark
mark moody

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:20 pm

I want you guys to know that I appreciate your interaction here so much that I have vowed to stay out of these conversations . I don't want to create any other vibration except for the one that is happening here.....so its all up to you fellas! I thank you so much for having the enthusiasm and talent that you have.

Kisses on your noses.... The Yorkie Ladies greeting!

Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby mark moody » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:36 pm

FB,
You can also Google those words and get the website info.
Good morning Lady Linda!
Not to worry.
The boys will take it from here :D
Love you too!
Mark
mark moody

Postby mark moody » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 453 times
mark moody

Postby fruitbat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
It's been a very busy sunday and monday is looking more of the same.

I am very confident that by using decent quality lipo batteries and a HT transformer which incorporates it's own tripler, frsky radio and hitec mighty feather servo's we could halve the weight of his avionics package.. Using bubble wrap around the naked PCB's rather than the little boxes also reduces weight whilst improving survivability of the electronics. There are new batteries in development in my country I am told that offer a further five fold increase in energy density too...

That's not me being "clever" it's just an indication of how real world accesible technolgy has leapt forwards recently. If you have money to burn buy yourself a hubsan h107D quadcopter (with extra batetries and a decent charger like the hitec x4 mini) and marvel at the functions and performance.
fruitbat

PreviousNext

Return to Resolute