Fruitbat Droppings.

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Re: Fruitbat Droppings.

Postby re-rose rose » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:37 am

P.S. HAs anyone heard from Linda recently? It's been a while now...

I'm beginning to wonder too.. hope she's ok.

Hi, guys...just to put your minds at ease, we spoke on Saturday and all was good. I can't confirm that it still is, but I have a feeling it is.

See you all again after November 15! (Company arrives from Cambridge (English Cambridge, not Massachusetts Cambridge) on Election Night!

rose
re-rose rose

Postby ecker2011 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi everyone

I spoke with Linda on the phone yesterday which was Tuesday and she is doing fine but is very busy with the book.
Everyone just please remain patient and once this book is completed I'm absolutely certain you will start seeing more were here on the token.
I am also busy critiquing the book and helping her in any way that I possibly can. That is a reason why you don't see too much of me here also.

Rose have a good one and everyone have great holidays.

Jess
Townsend Brown Family Consortium October 2016
ecker2011

Postby nate » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 pm

ecker2011 wrote:I spoke with Linda on the phone yesterday which was Tuesday and she is doing fine but is very busy with the book.
Everyone just please remain patient and once this book is completed I'm absolutely certain you will start seeing more were here on the token.
I am also busy critiquing the book and helping her in any way that I possibly can. That is a reason why you don't see too much of me here also.

Yay book! Glad everything's on track.

Regards, Nate
But on inspection of the dust
I came upon this thing called 'trust'
It helps
us to adjust
nate

Postby Linda Brown » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Oh! Thank you all for missing me. I am touched... really!

Smith and I have been working hard on combining the things that he has to say... into the things that I have already written in our book so while ( other than the very tough proof reading that we are trying to go through... I am pleased with my contribution. Its about all I can say at the moment... and I believe that our book is well crafted. He has been an enormous help in reminding me of some things that were important that I had failed to include and of course from my side of things... I never did know very much of what was happening on his side of the curtain that was drawn between our lives. Getting a glimpse now... is gratifying and heartbreaking at the same time.... but we both agree that we were meant to do this and now is the time... so if I am being focused and quiet... trust me... the end result will explain alot.

Thank you for missing me though...I have been travelling alot...and plan to be away even more soon... but I will check in with you..
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:27 am

Very glad you are OK and working hard Linda.

On a different note: This guy is appears to be telling it exactly how it is these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBo8CJ ... e=youtu.be
Lot of rude words and very little respect for "safe spaces", but he tells a story I am hearing everywhere these days.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby fruitbat » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:19 pm

This seems by 49 minutes in, to be showing a phenomenon we have talked about...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0dVjz5nBU
How difficult it is to take reasonable action when one cannot trust one's peceptions due to external QRM.
~S~
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby fruitbat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Nate's favourite gaseous radiactive element is Krypton-85, which according to Kraftwerks "Radioactivity" causes skin cancer & death...

Naturally as soon as I think of these things I start foaming at the mouth about nuclear issues, which many of you probably don't realise is the single most useful thing I ever do. Not for you or for me, (we are already toast) but the future biological life on this planet which ever since 1921 has been subjected to ever rising levels of environmental radioactivity. If I can help in any way to catalyse human endeavour into immediately halting nuclear technological expansion, I will not have lived in vain.

I 'm not saying don't do research, but surely even the most enthusiastic technophiles must be starting to realise that nuclear energy is a one way street leading to more radiation in the environment, and apart from Anne Coulter (whoever she is) I've never heard [b]anyone[/b] speak well of radioactivity in the environment.

It's the irreversibilty of it all (Unless you believe Nancy Hutchison which, sadly, I don't) that speaks to my sense of fear, because they are STILL planning new NPP's whereas, clearly, in a post fukudukoo world what we need need to be doing is reducing our energy use to allow us breathing space to not have to build new NPP's whilst we figure out how to deal with the incredibly toxic fissile products we have already made.

And that IS doable, today, if only I can somehow talk people into getting an energy meter, and actually working on drawing less electric off the grid.

Here we are getting to the point I believe (even here in the dimly lit UK) where it is possible to generate enough raw electricity from solar and a small wind turbine to supply a family with basic and uninterrrupted services at a very reasonable outlay. *Excluding big ticket items like kettle/cooker/washing machine and shower, but providing adequate light, TV, 2 laptops and a medium size refridgerator/freezer IS easily achievable and that low wattage "always on" stuff adds up.. I'm trying to figure out a way of storing up the massive surplus that a solar array generates in the summer, for use in the winter.

FB.
fruitbat

Postby re-rose rose » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Bat...
We installed solar panels this year, but instead of batteries, we have an accounting entry with our local utility company who gathers the copious electricty produced in Southern California (and, I hear, sells it in other states).

I'm trying to figure out a way of storing up the massive surplus that a solar array generates in the summer, for use in the winter.

We will be grid tied until Tesla's Powerwall or equivalent batteries are affordable. I only hope our ten good months of high production, low usage pays for our coldest months when the heaters run several hours a day.

rose
re-rose rose

Postby nate » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:47 pm

fruitbat wrote:Nate's favourite gaseous radiactive element is Krypton-85, which according to Kraftwerks "Radioactivity" causes skin cancer & death...

Sadly yes, they all do. K85 is only my 'favourite' of the nasty hot isotopes because as a noble element it's less likely to be absorbed by the body. So it's one of the better of a remarkably bad lot. If you must have a hot isotope in the palm of your hand, then an isotope of Krypton is probably better than, eg, potassium or cesium or strontium, which get taken up by the body and keep zapping you. But you still wouldn't want to breathe any in, I think.

Also it's a cool name! Because Superman's home planet, and Back to the Future's 1980s, and that whole nostalgic vanished Jetsons techno-future from all those 1960s aerospace ads? ... which we now realise was mostly based on bad science and commercial propaganda, but still...

I 'm not saying don't do research, but surely even the most enthusiastic technophiles must be starting to realise that nuclear energy is a one way street leading to more radiation in the environment, and apart from Anne Coulter (whoever she is) I've never heard [b]anyone[/b] speak well of radioactivity in the environment.

It's the irreversibilty of it all (Unless you believe Nancy Hutchison which, sadly, I don't) that speaks to my sense of fear, because they are STILL planning new NPP's whereas, clearly, in a post fukudukoo world what we need need to be doing is reducing our energy use to allow us breathing space to not have to build new NPP's whilst we figure out how to deal with the incredibly toxic fissile products we have already made.

I agree with your instincts. Atomic fission gives me the shivers precisely because it accumulates in the environment, and we can't turn it off. I'm very disappointed that Stewart Brand has gone charging off after nuclear. I don't believe it's a solution to our eco-crisis, of which C02 is only a tiny (and perhaps the most fixable) part. Maybe some future transmutation technology will help us clean up our waste, but right now we don't have a waste management story other than 'sacrifice entire chunks of land for hundreds to thousands of years', as in Fukushima.

I remember in the 80s reading about the dangers of fission and seeing a photo of a GE Mark 1 boiling water reactor much like Fukushima being built, the wetwell bulb exposed. Gave me the creepiest feeling: like a giant evil root vegetable planting toxic stems into the earth. The book I was reading said the Mark 1s had this fatal flaw, no containment building and everything depending on the steam/vacuum 'active suppression system' in the wetwell. And at the time I thought yep, that's insanely dangerous, if that thing fails, you're never getting the crap out.

And well, here we are, and Fukushima has gone pretty much exactly how those 80s anti-nuclear activists described a Mark 1 BWR meltdown would go. Write off the land and don't drink the water. * Fortunately without the giant explosive steam geysers, but they're there all right, just little wispy ones.

* Except it's leaking into the ocean, so... hope to heck it doesn't bioaccumulate in the food chain.

Even fusion has disappointed me. If it ever gets working it will still make the containment radioactive via neutrons. And it's a huge plant and investment and that centralises power in the hands of a few.

Compared with solar and wind and energy-reduction which can be distributed and give democracy and resilience as well as just energy generation.

Regards, Nate
But on inspection of the dust
I came upon this thing called 'trust'
It helps
us to adjust
nate

Re: Fruitbat Droppings & Fission Fright

Postby Griffin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:24 am

Yes!

Exactly the point the Visitants made decades ago. And to which TTB fully agreed. He and they have a potential solution. Although he and I realized that the Visitants are employing a recalcitrant necessitated, multi-generational, slow-but-sure timeline. Keep your pecker (chin and nose, Fruitbat) up, as the Brits sometimes say.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sword and The Teapot