Fruitbat Droppings.

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Fruitbat Droppings.

Postby fruitbat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 am

This is the pub.
If I am true to my nature I am hanging from the ceiling, (and probably over the area where they are smoking the most reeking weeds).

So occasionally you'd expect something to drop downwards wouldn't you?

And yes, if I were a different sort of Fruitbat (maybe of the "mikado" genus) it might well be batshit, but I'm fairly domesticated, so it may not be.
You decide. Here comes the first one.
A new word I learned a few seconds, (well, minutes now to be fair, and if I don't type a bit faster, maybe an hour will pass):
"Plasmonics".

Here's a link, for those who like new tech/electronics stuff. (Sorry if this one is a bit boring for normal people)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-plasmonics.htm

AND for the dowsers amongst you, check out the pictures at the bottom of this metal detector listing. Look a bit familiar, Mr Hobbit, sir?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Long-Range-Me ... 33799745d9

FB!
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Re: Fruitbat Droppings.

Postby hobbit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 am

Pardon Mr Fruitbat,
I did not notice Your post.
The device is merely a pair of dowsing rods, there is no need for the gizzmo.
Recognition is all that is required, but not visually, simply think of whatever, Your thoughts are via the palms of Your hands and soles of the feet, the rods simply act as visual pointers to the thought field route.

My most sensitive rods are made of carbon fibre, and thats where the plasmonics may be involved?????

The patterns they were showing in the dowsing link were triangulation , it is easy when driving along to triangulate by simply watching the rod, whatever YOU are thinking of the rod will stay pointing at, My dashboard is full of different rods, I can recognise almost as good via My hands as with My eyes.
We have become enslaved to short distance survival senses, think of how migrating birds etc return to exactly the spot they were born at, simple....they think of it.
hobbit
hobbit

Postby fruitbat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 am

No pardon required, I am not posting very much at the moment at all, adn when I do they seem of limited insight or usefulness at the moment.

Odd you should say that about teh migrating birds, I "grew" a particular skill during a contract of always being able to drive straight to the site (admittedly they were banks) without navigational aids (I possibly have ADD, which may explain why I kept forgetting to pack my map!) I can also pretty much guarantee that wherever I go (even the busy row outside the shops) that there will always be a parking spot very close to where I need to be. I'm rubbish at navigation, but quite good at getting to where I need to be if I just DO IT.

I am sorry we have never met, you are very much on my "to-meet soon" list hobbit.

FB!
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby hobbit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 am

Fruitbat,
And You are on My list to meet.
And I value Your input here really highly.
hobbit
hobbit

Postby fruitbat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 am

hobbit wrote:Fruitbat,
And You are on My list to meet.
And I value Your input here really highly.
hobbit

Massive compliment there, Kevin, thank you.

On a different note whilst innocently researching neutron generators (don't ask..) I came across the (to me) novel phenomenon of PYROELECTRICITY.

Since the concept involves rocks and high voltages (IF I understand correctly, HT is achievable with some rocks and some fire...) I though some of you might enjoy the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyroelectric

Cheers, FB!
fruitbat

Postby Katernaire » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 am

Hello FB,

it reminds me a Peltier cell... The main difference seem to the high voltages, according to your post...

Katernaire
Katernaire

Postby Minoo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 am

Just FYI for everyone, the title of this thread gives me a visual of fruitcake made with guano. How's that for word association?

And my daughter thinks I should ditch my husband and move in with her family. I told her I have no desire to share a house with her husband and her dog. She says the dog's not that bad.

Minoo

Bruce, look up Koolau basalt. I think you'll find it interesting.
Minoo

Postby fruitbat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am

THIS JUST IN:

Meanwhile, it appears that a project to build a new state-of-the-art plutonium research installation at the Los Alamos National Laboratory will be mothballed, even though officials have already expended roughly $425 million in designs for the facility, the Associated Press reported on Sunday.

Whilst I am overjoyed to see any nuclear project cancelled these days, it does beg the question, HOW exactly, do you spend 425 megabux on "designs"?

That sort of money buys an awful lot of biro's, fag packets and table napkins, in fact give me one 950th of that budget and I'd probably come up with a quite professional looking package, double it, and I would definitely manage a nice design, yes sir, probably with music and a venue and catering for the initial presentation. (Birmingham UK has a lot to offer when it comes to showing stuff off..)

FB!
fruitbat

Postby Littleenki » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 am

fruitbat wrote:THIS JUST IN:

Meanwhile, it appears that a project to build a new state-of-the-art plutonium research installation at the Los Alamos National Laboratory will be mothballed, even though officials have already expended roughly $425 million in designs for the facility, the Associated Press reported on Sunday.

Whilst I am overjoyed to see any nuclear project cancelled these days, it does beg the question, HOW exactly, do you spend 425 megabux on "designs"?

That sort of money buys an awful lot of biro's, fag packets and table napkins, in fact give me one 950th of that budget and I'd probably come up with a quite professional looking package, double it, and I would definitely manage a nice design, yes sir, probably with music and a venue and catering for the initial presentation. (Birmingham UK has a lot to offer when it comes to showing stuff off..)

FB!

Fruitbat, do you think they have just lost track of their nuclear needs, or is it that they are going to lobby for something even bigger and more expensive?
Le
Littleenki

Postby Minoo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 am

I would say they've lost track of their heads. Nothing unusual there. All they need to is find their hindquarters. The heads will be found there, in storage.

Cat
Minoo

Next

Return to The Sword and The Teapot