WELCOME!

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Re: WELCOME!

Postby Grimalkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Have y'all noticed how much more relaxed and welcoming this entire forum is? We're getting in serious and insightful discussions, but we still have a good sprinkling of humor, and of course my psychotic comments. We have respect for each other and each others boundaries. That's something that was missing at the hut and then on the doomed Resolute. Most of those qualities were also missing at the HC too. There's a true sense of comraderie here. I hope that some of our still absent companions will choose to join us. I especially would like to see Griffin, JehdEyeJones, Lakota and Vox.

Grimalkin
Last edited by Grimalkin on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimalkin

Postby hobbit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Aquaman1945,
Howdo.
Forgive Me if I seem a little bit wary, but We have had a few strange occurances over the past year or so.
I also don't but tis plate movement as it is presented, but then again I don't buy the earth moving or spinning either.

To explain,
I consider all movement to be a consequence of switching.
The apparent movement at earth quakes I consider to be a consequence of rapid switching, and that switching is of TIME.
Earth quakes provide a glimpse into all of this IMHO, they show the pulsing of time, and how materials react to that as they end up in different locations of time.
We somewhat ride this as We are within our own bubble of circulating time, but mass is within the earths bubble and thats where the implosions of one spin state of time implode and radiate outwards
To the observer it appears as movement, and it is , but it was of time, thus mass tried to go to the zone of time it encountered.
The Earth so called moving and spinning are again consequences of the flows of time, and they flow in multiple directions, thus the bubble of the earth switchs relative to the incoming and out going flows, but ourselves don't sense this as movement.
Thats basically how the gravitor operates ,nd how saucers operate IN MY HOBBIT OPINION.
hobbit
hobbit

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Dear Navigator,

Of course I understand your wariness regarding new members but we all have to take some chances... we are feeling safer now that we know that most of our troublemakers are left behind on Mikados Hut.... but who knows what the future brings.... but we have to welcome new members or we will all be talking only to ourselves.... and the old joke " Talk amongst yourselves" will indeed apply!!!

Aquaman has done more than most... he has told us up front in his profile much more about himself than some of us have felt comfortable disclosing.... right? Of course only time will tell us what his agenda here is.... good or bad.... I don't sense an evil intent... and I can only hope that sense is not failing me.... again <g>

Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby Grimalkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:59 pm

That sense didn't fail you. You were unaware of what to be looking for. The craft is still quite foreign to you. He knew that, and chose to exploit it. Another example of the misuse of a gift.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby hobbit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Linda Brown,
It's a typical Yorkshire trait, bite first and make friends later.
Haven't You noticed?
I take people as I find them, so Aquaman has made a favourable opening appearance.
Of course it's a two edged sword, thus he will weigh everyone else up also.
Thats fairy snuff?
hobbit
hobbit

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes, can you imagine how hard it is for him to figure us all out!!!! ha!!! that thought makes my day!!!! Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Cat....

Spirit cat sitting on the back of my chair with her front paws over my shoulders... watching the keys and I do wonder... as we have talked about before... yes just what she understand and what she actually just needs to understand at any one time.

She knew that it was important to walk across that field and interupt that rather heated conversation that George and I were having at the time.... I think that we had said something like... "Well then, its over!" ..I added... "I will come home then and pack up what I want and you can deal with the rest".... and he was agreeing with that.... with a few choice words thrown in there.... and suddenly here was this cat purring into the phone!... He would tell you now, if he was here, that I stopped saying what I was saying.... and commented about this strange cat... I even told him...... " Listen to this purr!"..... Our argument seemed to subside and we agreed that when I finally got home we woudl sit down together and work out our future....The cat had curled up in my lap.... I got back to the room.... she wanted in... I let her visit for awhile and then figured that such a nice cat had to have a home so I threw her outside.... In the morning she was still there and walked in like she owned the joint. The folks at the desk said that they didn't know anything about her other than she had just shown up and seemed abandoned. They couldn't catch her to take her to the animal shelter.

Here I am... at Buckeye Lake... the spot where Mom and Dad had such a romantic courtship... and my life seems to be falling apart.... and no matter which path I seemed to have available to me.... there would be heartache.... but then there was this cat...( Now she is still watching my every keystroke).... she went with me to Pa... and then down to visit Quantico.... and then rode all of the way home with me..over seven thousand miles.. and now she has staked out my office.....Talk about INTENT. There was never any doubt.

I guess she is here to help remind me that there is the cat world (being able to see in the dark... avoiding capture... living by your wits, absolute independence)... which I had known a little in my past and never forgotten about.... and the demands of the dog world.... which I deal with everyday now.... and somewhere in between ... is me. Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Grimalkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Dale and I had tough times when he was doing OTR trucking. We had been having some really bad times the year he brought Isis home. He called me one night and said he hoped I would like the Christmas/birthday present he was bringing me. He had found a tortoiseshell kitten in the truck yard in Olathe. She was only about eight or nine weeks old, and in danger of being run over or freezing. He drove all the way from KS with Isis on his lap. After I adopted Tag and Frosty, she presented us with Shasta, Luna and Gypsy. Luna spent the morning giving me little bruises. She doesn't realize that my skin isn't as tough as a cat's. It really hurts when she bites.

I remember you and George being on the outs last year. I hope that the change in the forum activity will help. I think you have a lot less negativity in your life now.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm

oh! Nice side trip but this is meant to welcome new members and I see that Chris has joined us! " "Kestrel" Yea!!!!!!!.....
Linda Brown

Postby Grimalkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:36 pm

And he brought the coffee mug that we want. Did you bri g enough for the whole class Kestrel?

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sword and The Teapot