WELCOME!

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Re: WELCOME!

Postby tom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Since Aquaman1945 had such a glowing referral, I went ahead and made him a full member.
Tom Beale
Just because it's all in your head, doesn't mean it's not real
tom

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Thank you for that Tom...

Aquaman... welcome to the new site. It was encouraging seeing your post on the old Quonset Hut site. As you have probably noticed there was alot going on over there, not all of it positive but this site will be different.

So we are the same vintage !!!!

May I ask that you enter some additional little pieces of information about yourself?

I read your link and have to tell you that it made me very sad that he worked so hard and got so little recognition and yes I did see some of the correlations to my Dad. It keeps me from thinking that Dad was the only one history treated sometimes with such disrespect. I hope that this site and the new one which will soon be focusing on Dads work
thomastownsendbrown.com
will address that problem . Maybe with even more education along those lines those wondrous sparks of genius can be recognized and appreciated sooner.The renegade thinker with the brilliant and piercing blue eyes.... recognized for their contributions only after their deaths... Yes, it makes me want to weep. Welcome to the Cosmic Token! Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby Aquaman1945 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Thank you Tom! I am humbled by the community - "we are all teachers and we are all learners" - one is useless without the other. Thank you G man for directing me here and thank you Linda for sharing your kindred spirit within your memoirs. I hope that Paul, someday becomes aware of the magnitude of what was shared with him.

Indeed Linda, we are the same vintage - you are a little newer model (5 days - LOL) but with the same strong motor to survive.

It seems that a few people are born each century with an inate greatness. How many more have we missed?

Yes, I will be glad to add more information. My story is long and convoluted but it took me to places I never thought I could go. If there was a hard way to do it, I would seem to find it. No regrets however and would probably make very few changes. As you alluded, "Hope" is the fuel. I have lost and gained much but I have never lost hope - once I had a grasp of it.

Regards, Darryl Schaumburg
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."

Darryl Schaumburg
Aquaman1945

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 pm

We need to talk about that more someday Darryl....

"It seems that a few people are born each century with an inate greatness. How many more have we missed?

That question really has bothered me. Yes..... indeed..... How many have we missed?

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby peetee le Trickfox » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Re: Meeting Beau The Resolute Voyage (THE HUT)
Sent: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm
To: Aquaman1945
Darryl Schaumburg

Dear Sir, you may reach Linda herself if you wish. Just try sending her a PM because she is not posting here (technical difficulties are possible causes). I'm sure she would be happy to hear from you.
Thank you for your post.

PeeTee
The Trickfox

This was in the message:

Please relay this web site to Linda (Brown): http://pangaea.org/wegener.htm. She may perhaps see the correlation to her dad as it took decades - well into the 1960's for the scientific community to grasp Wegener's theory and it was grounded in empirical data. Never give up Linda - I believe the truth always comes to the surface (along with some other stuff. LOL)

My list of folks that I admire most is relatively small but she is most definitely on the high end.

Kindest Regards,

Darryl Schaumburg
wisdom is reality in wonderland
peetee le Trickfox

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:05 am

Thank you for reaching Aquaman for us PeeTee. I do appreciate it. Linda
Linda Brown

Postby Aquaman1945 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am

Anytime Linda - thanks for replying.

Keep in mind Linda, folks like your dad frighten the ignorant and the greedy. The powers that be regard them as a threat to their wealth and/or control. That brings to mind when your dad told you there was nothing to fear from aliens (although they may not be the aliens LOL) - we are the danger - to them. Indeed we are.

Pee Tee, I thank you for the conduit.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."

Darryl Schaumburg
Aquaman1945

Postby Linda Brown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:32 am

Come on in Aquaman... the water is fine! Even though all the guests at this pool, seem to be here now!! Linda

http://www.ttownsendbrown.com/forum/vie ... 167#p30167
Linda Brown

Postby Grimalkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:11 pm

The Wegener story was quite interesting. It's sad, really, how many people have to struggle to have their ideas heard. Change seems to be such a threat. I agree with, to an extent, with the axiom "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." On the other hand resisting change only because "We've always done it this way," is pretty thin. Change just for the sake of change isn't always necessary, but change that improves overall quality of life is a pretty good thing.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby Jan/Rose » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Welcome, Aquaman.

Thanks for the Wegner link. The Astrologer and I live in a wide valley that has been created over the eons by the earth spreading apart along a fault line and sometimes we notice barely perceptible shifts in the rise and fall of an area where we hike. When one walks the land every day, the minute changes are noticeable.

Thanks for joining the crew.
rose
Jan/Rose

PreviousNext

Return to The Sword and The Teapot