WELCOME!

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Re: WELCOME!

Postby Grimalkin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I had to have a Q clearance to work in the cafeteria at Rocky Flats. I still have dreams about Rocky Flats thirty years later. It makes me wonder what I might have seen without realizing it. I shouldn't have seen anything, but we all had to have that clearance level because we might see something. Oh well, anything I've ever talked about was stuff I learned from publicity releases.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby ecker2011 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes! I can not even talk about what my Clarence was. I think as long as my son does not use his real name on line he will be ok.

Jess
ecker2011

Postby Grimalkin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

My clearance has been inactive for thirty years, but I'm still bound by the terms of it. I would have obtain permission from the current incarnation of the department of energy to travel to certain countries. At this point, Kansas and Oklahoma are far enough to suit me. Pacific Northwest is a possibility for the future.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby ecker2011 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:58 pm

It has been 40 years for mine. I just can't say where and what I was doing. Travel is no problem. I have even been to China back in 2001. Got back to the U.S. just 5 days before 9/11.

Jess
ecker2011

Postby hobbit » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm

ecker2011 wrote:Yes! I can not even talk about what my Clarence was. I think as long as my son does not use his real name on line he will be ok.

Jess

Who's Clarence?
Compartmentalism...has mental in the middle.
The nazi's perfected the art of that.
Fear then provides the stimulus to maintain the corruption.
Hobbit
hobbit

Postby Grimalkin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:10 pm

That kind of reminds me of my grandkids asking what I thought of the new wreath on their front door. I said it's very bright and colorful. Just like I said my son-in-law's decorations in their living room are very Catholic. I can say something, without being rude.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby Grimalkin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Clarence was the angel in It's a Wonderful Life. He was trying to earn his wings.

Grimalkin
Grimalkin

Postby Linda Brown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 pm

And he did too. He also gave the lead character a chance to see what life would have been like in his small town if he hadn't had any impact on it.... I think that we all need to remember whats really important here..... and how .... just because of a few small acts... things can be forever different.

Kevin,I can understand your worry about the special compartments that the government puts people in so that they can keep secrets. But its not always toward the evil... If I were to be involved in something that I knew might be dangerous I certainly would not be sharing that information with my family.... such things need to be restricted lest the wrong ears hear of them....

Paul always belly- ached about not being given certain information. As it was the information he had allowed to go to print.... not very well... but that wasn't the stories fault.... Paul had just gotten to the end of his abilities and his patience. He wanted out.... and he was given that option... or rather he was able to just throw up his hands and walk off and there were no repercussions to that act. But if he had been given the technical information that he wanted so badly.... what might have happened THEN?

But what if.... those in control of certain information had told him more.... told him really secret stuff..... information that some in the know would have considered "stuff of interest to National Security." What do you think would have happened if Paul started to print all of that out. Happy as a duck he would have been!

I would hope that it would have been less than an hour and someone would have been at his door... they would have taken his computer... his files... his notes.... his phone records.... any and everything regarding this book " The Parallel Universe of T Townsend Brown." And I would wager that none of us would have heard anything more about it.

Some of you doubt this? Thats fine with me.

And if Rose and I had said too much in our book, do you think that it would be out there?

I know what you meant Jess... and when I hear a bell ringing I think of Clarence too. Linda
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby tom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Speaking of Paul, I just checked the movie out from Redbox!

Paul.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Beale
Just because it's all in your head, doesn't mean it's not real
tom

Postby Grimalkin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I see Aquaman1945 has joined us. Welcome sir. Please join in the chats.

Grimalkin aka catspaw1950
Grimalkin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sword and The Teapot