Nate and ARC

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Nate and ARC

Postby re-rose rose » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

My honored Kiwi friends,
I Hope you and your loved ones are safe, and the damage is much less than expected. Please check in when you can. We is all verry wuwwied.

rose
re-rose rose

Re: Nate and ARC

Postby nate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 am

re-rose rose wrote:My honored Kiwi friends,
I Hope you and your loved ones are safe, and the damage is much less than expected. Please check in when you can. We is all verry wuwwied.

rose

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts Rose! Yes we are all fine where I am. We certainly felt the earthquake, it woke us clear up at midnight and went on for what seemed forever (2 minutes I believe). A soft rolling motion. We weren't at the epicentre, fortunately. There was no damage in our house and the power and water stayed on. Brought back some right nasty memories of 2010 and 2011 though!

One of the main road and rail lines down the South Island has been blocked because of landslips, so logistics may get tricky in a few days. The airport's still fine, and apparently a ferry is being investigated to do freight traffic which hasn't been used for many decades.

The biggest damage (those spectacular shots of the poor cows stranded on an 'island' and broken roads) are I think up around Kaikoura way (where UFOs were seem back in 1978, and where whales come in from the deep ocean to eat giant squid - which is why a major local industry is 'whale watching' for tourists). The poor folks in Kaikoura are really stranded with roads both north and south blocked. There's talk of bringing in an NZ Navy ship to rescue them.

The road and rail around there runs in and out through several tunnels, along a cliffside by the rocky beach, which is why it's so easily blocked. Not much room to just drive somewhere else to get past.

Love to all here, Nate
But on inspection of the dust
I came upon this thing called 'trust'
It helps
us to adjust
nate

Postby arc » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 pm

re-rose rose wrote:My honored Kiwi friends,

rose

Im late as usual but thats half the fun...

A Rose by any other name, a carrier of the flame.
Lady Rose, How are you ?

Linda, are those trusty sandals still finding the path.
I trust that the family is good and those in the land of the roo ( still ?) are all ok, and looking up to the stars.
arc

Postby Linda Brown » Wed May 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Hello Arc! I hope that you will check in with us as the summer progresses. I think that you might find some things might prove pretty exciting.
Yes, I am trying to keep my sandals on the track but more accurately I should say that my little bare feet are moving down that trail as quickly but as carefully as I can manage.

I was fortunate enough to be able to open a channel of communication with Linda Moulton Howe... whom I respect very much and I think that she may find some of the paperwork I was able to share with her from my archival file will give her new material to Look into. I believe that she and I are very much on the same wavelength.

More about that later. In another month I have more meetings scheduled and then I will turn to manning my desk here with much more enthusiasm than in the past. Fasten your seat belt.... when we start rolling its going to be quite a ride.
Keep well. I think of you and Nate often.
My extended family is still there ... Kisses to all of you!
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Return to The Sword and The Teapot