My Latest Audible Download

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

My Latest Audible Download

Postby re-rose rose » Sun May 22, 2016 4:32 am

Red Moon Rising: Sputnik and the Hidden Rivalries that Ignited the Space Age

One reviewer says
This is a rarity in nonfiction geopolitical histories: a real page turner. I enjoyed reading it largely because of Brzezinski's skill in weaving together the parallel German, US and Soviet stories, coordinating them sometimes to the very day. My enthusiasm is only slightly tempered by a few technical "escapes" such as repeated reference to "orbital velocity" as "escape velocity"--would only a wonk be distracted by that? But there are few of those distractions in this thoroughly-researched, well-written, entertaining and informative book. I'm sad I finished reading it.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Moon-Rising- ... merReviews

rose
re-rose rose

Re: My Latest Audible Download

Postby Linda Brown » Sun May 22, 2016 5:01 am

Thats when you know you have read a really good book. When you are sad that its over.

Rose... lunch with Julio this week? You name the day and time? I have my nose to the grindstone but will appreciate a break midweek. or so.

Kisses.

Strange that you would mention " audible download", nothing like unexpected incoming information.
This isn't getting any simpler, is it?
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby re-rose rose » Sun May 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Then we must lunch quickly, while you still have some nose left! Tuesday, noonish is good for me, but I can be flexible.

rose
re-rose rose

Postby Linda Brown » Sun May 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Tuesday, noonish is cool.
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Return to The Sword and The Teapot