NOt apologizing in advance....

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

Re: NOt apologizing in advance....

Postby re-rose rose » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Walmart lines really do carry some unfortunate names, Linda. As a woman of a certain age, I can't bring myself to try on their Sag Harbor clothes....

rose
re-rose rose

Postby G-Man » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:12 pm

I feel a little less clean after reading the Urban Dictionary definition. However, that's a bizarre neologism. Put it out of your mind. And yes, "Sag Harbor" conjures all manner of deeply unpleasant images in my mind, all of which would be entirely appropriate to the Urban Dictionary :shock:

In the Celtic Kingdoms, "meaching minching Sassenachs" means (roughly) "Cowardly sneak thief Saxons"; and our oft-times less than congenial relations with the English Crown bought our entitlement to say so in pain and blood. Having said that, most of us in Ellan Vannin hold both Missis Kwin and Him Fella Bilong Missis Kwin in high regard; we stand for her theme tune just as readily as we stand for our own.

In this case, it is a reference to the majority of the British electorate in recent years, rather than any particular person. If Corbyn ever gets in I'll be throwing more than harsh language in that direction. I always had a strong desire to tackle Tony Blair to the ground, kneel on his shoulders and keep on punching until my arms were too heavy to lift - but Corbyn is definitely looking like someone in need of a Brighton Conference wakeup call. Dishonest, grubby little hypocrites all.

But it's all there in the context, and pretty much as Linda says. And yes indeed, Linda, it is surely being cultivated in the US. Somehow I have come to see Hillary as a driver of that process and Donald Trump as potentially an antidote.

Dontcha just love politics!
G-Man

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 pm

if it was just a tribe sitting around a campfire ( which in an odd way...that's what this social media is) and we could interact one to one, read each other's body language, decided if we trusted that person or needed to challenge him/her...then that would be one thing....but today's world removes that interaction and the only way it is brought to you...or the perception of it...is the presentation of news and stories from other sources. And those presentations cost money. POLITICS IS BIG MONEY....congressmen spend sometimes half of their day making cold calls to ask for funds....why is that right? The side with the funding gets the attention....and if they spend that money on yellow journalism against their opponent...then there is no way to counteract it.....unless you raise money yourself at least that's what we have all been fed.

I think things can change....and sticking with the status quo in Washington is not the way to to it....We need renegades!

I am voting for TRUMP.

LINDA
Townsend Brown Family Consortium
APRIL 25, 2016
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Postby re-rose rose » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:04 pm

Linda, unless I'm mistaken, the CA primaries are closed for any other than registered party members, so check to see what yours is. Some voters in other states have been complaining that their affiliation has been changed. If you need to fix it, I think you can do it with a call to the Registrar of Voters.

rose
re-rose rose

Postby Linda Brown » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 pm

From the Ambassadors....partial lyrics...

" Long live the pioneers, rebels and mutineers....GO FORTH AND HAVE NO FEAR......

"All hail the underdogs. All hail the new kids.All hail the outlaws, Speilburgs and Kubricks.....

it's our time to make a move....It's our time to make amends...it's our time to break the rules! Let's begin!"

TRUMP
Linda Brown

Postby G-Man » Sun May 08, 2016 12:53 am

Britain has gleefully banged another nail into its coffin today by allowing a man in taint of terrorist associations, terrorist sympathies and vote rigging to become Mayor of London. Six million "postal votes", apparently...

I better get my emergency travel bag in order. This is becoming very worrying
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby Linda Brown » Sun May 08, 2016 2:33 am

A go bag by the door. Wise idea.
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Sun May 08, 2016 2:33 pm

A "Go Bag by the door" is a wise idea if it's matched by the relevant skills for whatever situation has occurred and is backed by a plan and good fortune.

By way of explanation: I live near an airfield which has a museum of old but serviceable aircraft and have acquired relevant flying, aircraft engineering and lockpicking skills. In addition I can improvise weapons, explosives, have an encyclopaedic plant identifying book, own and have grown the relevant skills to use most tools for most useful trades. I have a range of electrical generation systems for individual or family use, small stockpiles of various fuels, and I've researched how people have successfully navigated the various more survivable crisis scenarios since the eighties.

The most important survival requirement is to develop the ability to work and live well with others, otherwise they will kill you and take your stuff in a heartbeat.
Of course, LUCK plays a bigger part in your survival than anything that you can do. For example, if the apocalypse is muslim by nature, then as luck would have it I have at leat one muslim friend, I have a working knowledge to their belief system, and how it can be "gamed" if neccesary, where it is praiseworthy and where it is weak, so I rate my chances of surviving the inevitable growth of the English Caliphate quite higher than my more ignorant brethren. (indeed writing this has just been interrupted by me taking a call from my mate Waseem)

BUT: If the apocalypse is more nuclear than muslim in it's ugly aspect then according to the old Soviet Union "Nuclear Attack plan H" (due to that previously mentioned airfield, we appear in the thermonuclear crosshairs in every plan from H to A..) this tuxedo cat here and the rest of our household are located directly underneath at least one 20 MT airburst.. Albeit more likely delivered by a mobile Topol "M" ICBM now rather than the silo based SS18 I think I remember originally being allotted to us. The only sucessful defence against nuclear attack against the UK for me, involves having sufficient pre-knowledge to be able to convince my family that we need to live in another country, preferably in the southern hemisphere well ahead of the attack actually occurring.

My mostly empty go bag is in the attic, it's contents spread about the house, some in daily use, some like my S6 NBC suit, respirator, and spare canisters are not used so very often..

What appears to my (either over analytical or wildly paranoid, you decide) poor little mind to be the case is that we in England have almost completely outsourced any and all means of production plus our total stockholding of raw materials and foodstuffs in a process that was largely completed in the nineteen eighties. My peers, family friends, neighbours and them are totally dependent on imported durables and foodstuffs, delivered directly from the docks to the consumers in a "just in time" (J.I.T.) system rolled out in the nineties. Should the current pressure cooker of mistrust, and false promises known as the global economy burst, as seems almost to be a certainty it is entirely possible that the boats could abruptly cease to be despatched to our fair isle, and we will be forced to become self sufficient in a very short space of time.

It is possible that human flesh will become a staple foodstuff in the period immediately after 60 million people have eaten everything edible including their pets, in a landscape that has been altered far from the ideals needed for subsistence farming. In such a situation, if one eats the family dog you maybe eat for a few days, but if you use the dog as bait for your hungry neighbours you can eat well until your luck (or ammunition) runs out. At least until you can get some agriculture going for you. Quite how one manages to balance the basic human needs to co-operate to create a better lifestyle as is needed to restart agriculture and production of the neccesities of life, (whatever they turn out to be) with the need to supplement the diet of cockroaches and leaves with a bit of real meat I don't know.

I'm almost reduced to hoping that because we are a nuclear armed country we can at least get johnny foreigner to keep sending us our boatloads of supplies and neccessities at the point of a gun, even if he decides that he doesn't want our "financial services" any more. It seems an obvious conclusion to draw after reading how many people ouside of this sceptered isle view the english and our contribution to the modern world, that we are likely going to face this particular problem at some point in the future.

(But then I noticed how sunny it is outside, and went out into the garden to play and think of (and do) happier things.)

FB.

After posting this I went to my inbox where by co-incidence someone had sent me a link to this:
https://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9353390/1 ... llapse.pdf
I swear I wrote this before reading any of that!
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby G-Man » Sun May 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Well, Steve, I will be going long before it gets to that state, mate.

As far as we are concerned here, it will be a while before local laws cease to be any real protection. At the moment, work permit requirements and a five year delay on benefits and social housing are keeping the stealth invasion at bay. I also have the benefit of a large moat, access to boats and an exit route that avoids Britain altogether.

In short, the Army, Navy and Air Force will need to be subverted before we are at any real risk from al-Britanniya

I cannot stress how different this place is. How much better it is than the place I left behind. You really should visit in order to see what happens when Certain Matters are not left in the hands of fools, cowards, weaklings and bleeding-heart liberals.

A good many visitors from the UK are very surprised by the way it is here; quite a few, mostly very astute, educated folks, some younger and some older, have engaged me in political discussions and the tale they tell is depressingly consistent. They come here and very quickly see for themselves which components of Powder Keg Britain's demographic are almost entirely absent and they unanimously - and with a mixture of anger, sadness and rueful envy - agree that our policies are correct, British and EU policies are dangerously misguided - and that as a consequence they now live in a time bomb and we live in a relative paradise.

About thirty years ago, many such folks would have bridled and tried to shoot me down in flames for some of the things that I (very tastefully and subtly) say about Broken Britain and some of it's naively idealistic and foolish legislation. Now they sometimes look sad and fall silent or, more often, they look sad and quietly agree. I sometimes quote sections from Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech and I see that dawning light of sad desperation forming in their eyes as they realise that he was speaking the truth all along. Edward Heath and a braying, hysterical media were ostensibly the drivers of his fall from political grace; but who was the hand behind all of that madness? How can something so self-evidently logical, sensible and correct be twisted into utter anathema? It's either madness, hysteria, fear, Hitler-Guilt and Stockholm Syndrome packed into one horrific, self-destructive lump of neurosis or it is disenfranchised, destructive and wilful nihilism in sublimation.

It really is "like watching a nation busily heaping its own funeral pyre", just as Enoch Powell stated it in 1968

Sadly, those who are unable or unprepared to deal honestly with the simple facts of Britain, to state them baldly and without fear, should not be trusted. On arrival it took about a year for my Imperial Conditioning to be broken. I understood then that I had been lied to, bullied and misled by a "left-wing liberal" agenda which I am still at a loss to completely fathom and describe; but which is now apparently being attempted in the United States. It is a blend of disingenuousness and cowardice, as far as I can see. Perhaps there is some truth in that Our Glorious Leaders of yesteryear merely sought out new, cheap labour forces but discovered the hard way that in a developed nation such as Britain, integration has occurred and must occur very gradually - or not at all

And it should be noted that I am a very personable individual indeed; but first and foremost I am a Man for all Seasons with courage, intelligence, strength and leadership skills. I much prefer to be that humble, humorous, reasonably intelligent and self-effacing twit that you and Ray have spoken to on Skype; but when it comes to the open and frank discussion of the ongoing suicide of my nation of birth, those qualities are not sufficient.

Take a read of the attached, then tell me what you think all the fuss was about. Due to board restrictions on document types, you'll need to change the suffix to .doc. It has been virus checked etc., I am not interested in being a vector of digital sabotage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby fruitbat » Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 am

You know, I don't know ANY of my generation of white english people who have had more than 2 kids, and indeed as far as I can see, the majority of us have had zero kids!
It's almost as if we are a failed strain that is being allowed to "die on the vine" after 20 years of psychic weedkiller delivered to us via the TV set or something...

OK nurse, is it time for my medicine, yet?

Fruitbat.
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

PreviousNext

Return to The Sword and The Teapot