NOt apologizing in advance....

Now open for business. (Every cosmic neighborhood has a local watering hole. This one's ours.)
Forum rules
Behave or be thrown out. The bouncers are enormous out here in this no-gravity space.

NOt apologizing in advance....

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:02 pm

I figured if I was going to launch off into any political statement here....the title above would work for all of us. I don't think any of us....with this subject anyway....should feel that we need to take any sort of a back seat to anyone else's opinion. if there was EVER A TIME for us all to stand up ...it's between Now and November.

I open this thread with an open invitation to express your political thoughts...without any fear of ridicule....if anyone resorts to name calling...or slurs..they will be thrown off...but the rest of us...had better learn to develop thick political skins...because as a friend of mine likes to say.."..it's a jungle out there kiddies!"

let's GO FORTH BOLDLY....MAKING NO APOLOGIES FOR OUR STATEMENTS"......

for me? TRUMP

Linda Brown
TOWNSEND BROWN FAMILY CONSORTIUM
APRIL 23, 2016
From the Shadow of Giant Rock
Linda Brown

Re: NOt apologizing in advance....

Postby G-Man » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Yay! I think that may be the best choice
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby nate » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi Linda and G-Man. That's interesting. Can you explain what it is about Trump's message that appeals to you?

Regards, Nate
But on inspection of the dust
I came upon this thing called 'trust'
It helps
us to adjust
nate

Postby fruitbat » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 pm

No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in...
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby G-Man » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Well Steve, sock puppetry abounds wherever politics is found; but Trump's got a bob or two himself and he doesn't need to be in anyone's pocket...hopefully

For me, nate, it's about the courage to engage and tackle some divisive issues head on before it's too late. Hopefully those lily-livered, meaching, minching Brits will follow his example and grow a pair. I used to be a Brit but I now live in a country with a much more sensible attitude and I'm pretty well cured of it
ύλη είναι το μοτέρ

"Il faut savoir tout envisager mais surtout ne rien croire" Aimé Michel

"Se non capite qualcosa, sbarazzarsi di esso"
G-Man

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:48 am

I am sure you fellows can sort your political situations out....but it doesn't look easy!

On this side of the Atlantic...

Ever since crates of tea were thrown overboard in Boston Harbor we have gotten a reputation of standing up against oppressive and ( to our way of thinking) wrong minded authority, especially when that authority has stopped working effectively.

Perhaps Trump will be a disappointment. but he brings to the table an energy that has not been seen before. Everyone in the political circles underestimated him....NOW HIS OWN PARTY have spent an extraordinary amount of time to hobble him. I would rather be just a little more trusting in his direction to see what his potential for change actuallY is.....

I would like to see him shake up the status quo a little bit. I think that it is overdue for new ways of approaching problems.

Linda
Linda Brown

Postby fruitbat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:15 pm

G-Man wrote:Well Steve, sock puppetry abounds wherever politics is found; but Trump's got a bob or two himself and he doesn't need to be in anyone's pocket...hopefully

For me, nate, it's about the courage to engage and tackle some divisive issues head on before it's too late. Hopefully those lily-livered, meaching, minching Brits will follow his example and grow a pair. I used to be a Brit but I now live in a country with a much more sensible attitude and I'm pretty well cured of it

Since some people have had an AWFUL lot to say to me recently about my attitude, and extending respect to others, may I enquire if when you use the expression " lily-livered, meaching, minching Brits" are you describing and extending disrespect to every single one of my fellow countrymen, including myself? be cause I have to say having looked up both M words, I may have done a bit of meaching in my time, but minching?? IF it's the definition found in urban dictionary then neither I nor anyone else I know does that.

In fact despite having a wide knowledge of the names of foul practices, that one was until now, mercifully, completely new to me.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minching

And might I clarify if this would be an example of a non bitter, respectful point of view that I should be trying to emulate?

Fruitbat.

P.S. I always have the pointy side of my egg facing upwards, and in my country cats find it easier to land on their feet..
P.P.S. After an incident involving a lighter and some nitinol wire, I can say, (based on personal experience) that the human spirit and nitinol are both super resilient unless you apply too much heat...
Never gIve up. Never surrender. - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart NSEA "Protector"
fruitbat

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:05 pm

I am sure that GMans rhetoric was aimed more at an explanation of why he is living on the Isle of Mann...rather than an indictment on all Brits....actually his words fit pretty well what I think of some Americans. I find us self righteous, arrogant, Ill mannered....some of us, real chicken shits when it comes to standing up for things that are important. No wonder most of the civilized ( and most of the non civilized world) has no respect or regard for us...

WE HAVE BECOME SO ENAMORED OF WHAT IT IS TO BE "politically correct" that it turns my stomach...so concerned about what others may think of us that we act like we are afraid of what to do next. When our young people look to the Kardashians for role models..when all that counts is how they look on their latest selfie...Who ARE WE?

..when we actually would stand by and watch an American flag stomped in the mud...because we feel it is that protestors right to do that....no one willing to pick it out of the mud and restore it to a safe and honored position?...THATS what I call .....Lilly livered...I like the idea that...in a crowd... If Trump was standng there seeing that happen....that he would wade in to pick that flag up....and I would be right with him....

that's why I like TRUMP. if you were standing there in that crowd with Hillary or Sanders...what would they do? Would she step forward? It's a matter of instinct....I believe that Donald Trump has what it takes, a strong dose of what this country needs.
Linda
Linda Brown

Postby re-rose rose » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Bat, minching was a new one to me, too. And one I hope to forget again, soon.

Linda, I have only waded into a fight once in my life, on the beach in La Jolla. Hoodlums were harrassing a homeless, not quite mentally right guy, who had American flags flying from his pack. When he tried to fight back, one of them pulled a knife. In the next moment, and to my still very great surprise, I found myself on his back, pulling his hair and screaming "somebody call the cops, somebody call the cops!" But truthfully, had they only grabbed his flags and thrown them in the mud, I probably would have just "tsked-tsked" and stayed seated.

rose
re-rose rose

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:34 pm

re-rose rose wrote:Bat, minching was a new one to me, too. And one I hope to forget again, soon.

Linda, I have only waded into a fight once in my life, on the beach in La Jolla. Hoodlums were harrassing a homeless, not quite mentally right guy, who had American flags flying from his pack. When he tried to fight back, one of them pulled a knife. In the next moment, and to my still very great surprise, I found myself on his back, pulling his hair and screaming "somebody call the cops, somebody call the cops!" But truthfully, had they only grabbed his flags and thrown them in the mud, I probably would have just "tsked-tsked" and stayed seated.

rose

Going to look that word up...if it's disgusting enough I might save it and use it someday to make up for all of the years of being so danged proper. Don't know.
You bring up an interesting point Rose....at what point do you regard the flag as a national symbol and where do you simply regard it as decoration. Sometimes, tsk tsk is a more proper response. At a local parade some little kids were waving tiny American flags....when their arms got tired...they just threw them down and walked away. Parents didn't say a word...nobody else did either....it hurt me to see that happen but I responded in a tsk tsk manner too.
I have also very much disliked AMERICAN flag T shirts sold by WalMart. ironically made be a firm called FADED GLORY.

most of our flags are....made in China......that needs to change.....

But the break over from sheer ignorance to willful disrespect is a huge leap.
Proud of you for taking action...someone who pulls a knife on another deserves to be dealt with.
linda
Linda Brown

Next

Return to The Sword and The Teapot